A lot of students have been complaining about not being able to send their NIN To 55019 for their JAMB Profile Code Generation. We have put together an easy guide that would help you solve your jamb profile code issues so you don’t have to face any Jamb NIN problems.
To register for the 2021 UTME, candidates are required to create a profile code by sending their NIN to 55019 first. However, we have noticed that some candidates are experiencing some issues in creating their profile codes.
- 1 SMS sending failed.
- 2 Insufficient airtime.
- 3 Your Sim card is new.
- 4 You are using Airtel or Etisalat to send your NIN to Jamb.
- 5 You are using a SIM that someone else has used to create his/her own Jamb profile code.
- 6 My phone number is not linked to my NIN, is this a problem?
- 7 I received “NIN must be length of 11 or =11”.
- 8 Invalid character found in the name supplied.
- 9 It might be a temporary issue from Jamb.
- 10 Still facing issues creating your profile code? Contact JAMB.
- 11 You may also like:
SMS sending failed.
This is one of the major Jamb NIN issues that some candidates have encountered while trying to send their NIN to 55019 and create their profile code. The reasons for this could be one of the following:
To solve this issue, you first need to ensure that you have at least N50 airtime on your phone to send messages.
Your Sim card is new.
Candidates have also complained that they were unable to register with a new SIM. If your SIM card is a new one, ensure it is registered first and confirm it has been registered before using it.
You are using Airtel or Etisalat to send your NIN to Jamb.
If you have tried sending the message with an Airtel or Etisalat line, you should try an MTN or a Glo Line instead. You also need to make sure that the setting of your phone enables you to send SMS and no other person has used that same SIM for their Jamb profile code.
You are using a SIM that someone else has used to create his/her own Jamb profile code.
You cannot use a sim card that has been previously used by another person for your Jamb profile code. Please use another Sim card.
Jamb recently announced that your phone number does not need to be linked to your NIN. You just need to make sure that no one else has used the phone number to generate their Jamb profile code. This simply means you can use any phone number to generate your profile code as far as it hasn’t been used before.
I received “NIN must be length of 11 or =11”.
This simply means that the NIN number you sent to JAMB was not complete. Please check your NIN well and correct then resend the correct NIN To 55019 for your JAMB Profile Code.
Invalid character found in the name supplied.
If you got a message from jamb while sending your NIN to 55019 – JAMB shortcode that says ” invalid character found ”, please ensure that you sent your NIN in the correct format.
The correct format is
NIN CHANGE_THIS_TO_YOUR_11_DIGITS_NIN NUMBER e.g NIN 10483026492
Make sure that there is a single space between NIN and the numbers. Also, do not use double space or put a full stop(.) or dash(-) or underscore( _ ) at all as that can cause the problem.
It might be a temporary issue from Jamb.
Sometimes, the problem may be a temporary technical issue from Jamb. This means it is not a permanent problem and would be fixed by Jamb as soon as they detect it.
This simply means that you have to give it some time and retry again maybe after an hour or more.
Still facing issues creating your profile code? Contact JAMB.
If you are still facing issues after trying all the above solutions, you may need to contact JAMB directly. For complaints relating to NIN (e.g a candidate sends a message to 55019 to create a profile but does not receive any response or receives wrong data, he/she can visit: https://jamb.gov.ng/support. Then create a support ticket, click on 2021 NIN related issues then select the related topic on the drop down).
Don’t forget to share this post with others.
You may also like:
- JAMB 2021 Profile Spelling Correction & Code Recovery
- How to Create JAMB 2021 Profile with NIN
- JAMB 2021 results is out – See how to check
- Easy Steps To Retrieve A Lost JAMB Profile Code
- JAMB introduces USSD code for 2021 JAMB registration
- How to Buy JAMB E-PIN for 2021 Registration (UTME and Direct Entry)
- How to Recover Lost JAMB UTME or DE ePINs with a Phone
- JAMB 2022 UTME results released
- Can I use my Parent’s NIN for WAEC/JAMB registration?
- JAMB 2022 exam dates changed – Mock and UTME exam
- 2021 WAEC results released – How to check
- Can someone write WAEC for me?
- 2021/2022 LASPOTECH Post UTME Form Out Now
- Things To Know About JAMB Mock Exam
- FUAM 2021/2022 Post UTME / DE Form – How To Apply
- Admission form for UNICAL supplementary Post-UTME 2021/2022
- WAEC GCE 2021 registration started (2nd series)
- AAUA Post-UTME/DE 2021 – eligibility, cut-off mark, and registration
- Niger State Polytechnic 2021/2022 ND Admission form
- MOUAU 2021/2022 supplementary admission screening